Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Decorated Dish Towel with Fabric Belt

I love the bright pink and green of summer flowers and was inspired to make a dish towel in those vibrant colors. I found a fabric belt at a garage sale for 10 cents and thought it would be the perfect addition to some green and white tea towels I had at home.


Supplies:

Tea Towel
Fabric Belt
Ric-Rac


I started by folding the cloth belt in accordion style and then I pinned it carefully in place.


I stitched a line at the top and a line at the bottom of the belt to secure it to the towel.


Then I sewed some pink ric-rac down the middle.


It was a quick ten minute fix to brighten a plain green and white dish towel. My kitchen can always use an extra spot of fun and color. I would love to see some of your jazzed up dish towels!

Parties I linked to:
NightOwlCraftingBLOG TITLE

1 comment:

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...