Sunday, June 9, 2013

Easy Peasy Blackberry Cobbler (5 min prep)

Yum! In my valiant attempt to completely clear my fridge and freezer before we move, I discovered a gold mine in this recipe. I have literally been cooking up every odd and end in my house, and combining all sorts of ingredients, so I can use up all of our food by next week. I hate wasting things and throwing things away of worth! This 3 ingredient, super simple, extra fast recipe for blackberry cobbler is incredible!
( Or choose any berry of your choice for this fruit cobbler recipe)


 
I have seen several times where recipes have called for yellow cake mix for topping, so I thought I would finally try it out.
 
Ingredients:
1 bag of frozen blackberries
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 box of yellow cake mix
 
Directions:
 
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 9x9 pan spread out your frozen blackberries

 
2. In a separate bowl, melt the butter in the microwave.
 
3. Mix in the contents of the box of yellow cake mix until thoroughly combine.

 
4. Top the blackberries with the dough mixture.
 
5. Place in your preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
 
6. Enjoy!
 
P.S. Ice Cream on top is delectable!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this..can't wait to try this, I have a freezer full of wild blackberries.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...