Monday, October 22, 2012

Halloween Party Games, Food, and Fun

We had the best weekend! The boys had a little Halloween party for some of their friends. My four year old helped with a lot of the planning and it was so fun to watch him get excited about setting up the party. We had set the date a few weeks ago, but we did not get around to planning until the week before. Apparently,we do our best work last minute. We had a 10 am party so anyone that had other Saturday plans could hopefully make it.
 
We started out by having the tables inside set up with Ziploc bags full of foam sticker crafts for the kids as they arrived. It was so adorable to see them all in their Halloween costumes in the daylight. They also decorated some white treat bags with spooktacular Halloween stickers. This kept them busy and away from all the games until everyone arrived.
 
 
 
I think the biggest game hit was the pumpkin pop game. My husband helped me adorn a piece of plywood with treat filled balloons. I filled orange and black balloons with candy, Halloween rings, and prizes. We attached the balloons to the plywood with push pins. (It took a hammer to get them in)

 
 
The kids walked up one by one and carefully selected their balloon. They took a push pin and popped the balloon of their choice.

 
Even the little ones loved it. They hardly jumped as the balloons made a large POP!

 
We had enough balloons for each child to take two turns. They were jumping up and down in line to go again. Ha ha! Precious.
 
 
The night before the party, I decided to make pumpkin name stakes for all the kiddos. With the porch light on, I cut out these little cuties with a jigsaw, painted them, and wrote the kids names on them with a black sharpie marker.

 
I had a large stack of monster masks from oriental trading in my Halloween storage tub. The kids put them on and walked around and danced in a circle to some monster music. We would stop the music and they had to freeze in their monster poses. (This would have gone much better if I had showed them how silly to be first.) However, the parents all got a kick out of taking pictures of their kiddos in the funny masks.

 
Our next game, was a ball toss into some ghost buckets. Each game had a separate "participation" prize. We handed out mini Halloween puzzles, Halloween bubbles, Halloween books, and Halloween activity pads. I tried to stay away from too much candy because we had desserts and a pinata to go still.

 
After a round of different games, the kids played outside while lunch was prepared.
 
 
Pumpkin Toss Game (make me)

 
I filled a medical glove with water and hung it up in my freezer with a clothespin. It made the perfect floating hand in our vampire blood (Kool Aid).

 
 
I also made a batch of red jello and filled syringes with it. I think it was my husband's favorite. It made me giggle to see him act like a big kid. These took only minutes to make the night before.
 
 
My sweet friend Melissa brought these adorable monster puddings with Oreo cookies crumbled on top. (These were my favorite!)

 
These precious orange pumpkin cups were a find at the dollar store. We labeled them with each child's name so they would not get mixed up.

 
Everyone is standing around anxiously awaiting the pinata.

 
Here is my little pirate giving it his all!
 
 
We ended up having just as many helpers on the rope side as we did in line.

 
Now off to the hay ride...a huge hit!

 
When we announced it was time for the hay ride the kids took off running. I never expected them to be quite that excited.
 

 
We had hung some fake spider webs through the barn and some Caution tape. As we rode through the spooky all barn we realized there was already plenty of natural spider decor.
 
What fun things do you have planned for a Halloween party??

 
 
 

 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. What a nice post! Halloween games are one of the best parts of the halloween party. I really love the mummy wrap and halloween dress up. My baby and I used to win on these Halloween party games and we really enjoyed them...

    Thanks for sharing more ideas.

    Cheers

    ~Lyn

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...