Monday, May 14, 2012

Jumbo Stuffed Shells

My husband and I are going to a wedding in Mexico next month and I seriously need to eat very healthy until then if I want to wear a swimsuit. In other words, I need to stop cooking meals like this yummy one! Oh, but it was so delicious. I used to be intimidated to make anything stuffed until I found out how easy it truly was. It does take a little time but it is worth it. This time I made two dishes and took one to my friend who just had a new baby girl. It also freezes well for a later date.


Ingredients:

1 box Jumbo Shells
1 can or jar of Spaghetti Sauce
2 cups Ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
Mozzarella cheese
1-1 1/2 cups Hamburger or sausage cooked
1/4 cup bread crumbs
2 tbsp dried basil

Directions:

1. Cook jumbo shells according to package directions. Cook desired meat.


2. Remove shells from water, drain, and place them to the side. In a separate bowl mix together ricotta cheese, meat, bread crumbs, basil, and 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese.


3. Place mixture in a Ziploc bag, and cut a small corner off, to allow for piping out the mixture in the shells. Pour enough spaghetti sauce to coat the bottom of your pan. Begin filling/stuffing your shells.


4. Top with the remainder of the spaghetti sauce. Cook at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes until warmed through. Add additional cup of mozzarella cheese on top and bake 2-3 minutes until melted.


5. Enjoy!

We had comfort food last week because we had a bad week. One of our dogs was run over by someone that did not even bother to stop on our country road. I am not sure why he was even in the road because that was very unlike him, but I guess God decided it was his time. I am sure doggy heaven is spectacular. We miss you Buddy. My husband voted we needed comfort food for the entire week. More delicious recipes to come!

1 comment:

  1. Don't know why I have never made these. And I call myself Italian! Just pinned your yummy version. Vicky from www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...