Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thanksgiving Games

Are you looking for some fun games to keep the kids entertained while Thanksgiving is being prepared? Here are two unique games we made last year. I pulled them out with our tub of Thanksgiving books and they have been a huge hit again with my boys.
 
 
Click here to see how to make The Crazy Turkey Game.
 
Game Directions:
 
Each player gets a turkey head and six clothespins of different colors. The first player roles the dice. The player gets to put on the feather color (clothespin) they roll on the dice. Take turns trying to collect all of your different colored turkey feathers. If you roll a color you already have, the turn goes to the next player. The first person to have all six different feathers (clothespins) shouts Gobble, Gobble, Gobble and wins the game!

Or...you can just buy one...

 
 
 
Click here for instructions on how to make the Acorn Game.
 
How to Play the Game:
Start your squirrel at the bottom. The first player rolls the dice and moves the number of spaces on the dice. If you land on the leaves, do nothing. If you land on acorns, collect the number of acorns on the square from the acorn pile. If you land on the turkey, you lose one acorn back to the pile. Take turns rolling the dice. Once a player rolls enough to land on the acorn tree, or past, collect an acorn for making it home. Go back to start on your next turn, and try to collect more acorns and race home. Once all of the piles of acorns have been collected, the squirrel (player) with the most wins!
 
Do you have any fun games you make for the Thanksgiving Holiday???


2 comments:

  1. super cute! I came over from ginger snap crafts to invite you to join my month long Thanksgiving link party. It will be open for one more week, with fabulous features on Thanksgiving day! I would lovr for you to join us!
    http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2012/11/some-fall-baking-tasteful-tuesday-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the turkey game! I know my kids would love it.

    I'd love for you to link up to our Finished Friday Blog Party.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...