Saturday, November 12, 2011

Crazy Turkey Game

A few nights ago, while lying in bed, I came up with an idea for a crazy turkey game. My boys will stay with my mom the week of Thanksgiving, while their daycare is closed. She already promised my three year old they would have Turkey Camp. I thought it would be fun for him to bring a Thanksgiving themed turkey game along.


Are you ready to make your own Turkey Game?????

Supplies:

Felt (brown, white, orange, red, and black)
Clothespins
Square block
Scrapbook paper
Modge Podge
Batting or stuffing
Tacky glue or fabric glue

Directions:

1. I started by cutting 4"diameter circles out of brown felt. You will need two circles for each turkey.

2. I cut out the eyes, nose, and "gobbler" and attached them with tacky (all-purpose) glue.


3. Next, I put a little batting between the two brown circle layers and sewed around the edge.
If you don't sew, you could easily just glue the brown felt on a circle of cardboard or glue the two layers together.
  

4. I selected six different colors/patterns of scrapbook paper and modge podged them on clothespins. Each player will need their own turkey and set of six clothespins.


5. I elected to use an old A,B,C block I had around the house for our dice. I modge podged the six coordinating scrapbook papers on the "dice."


6. Let all the modge podge dry and you are ready to play your hand crafted Turkey Game!

Game Directions:

Each player gets a turkey head and six clothespins of different colors. The first player roles the dice. The player gets to put on the feather color (clothespin) they roll on the dice. Take turns trying to collect all of your different colored turkey feathers. If you roll a color you already have, the turn goes to the next player. The first person to have all six different feathers (clothespins) shouts Gobble, Gobble, Gobble and wins the game!

Thanks Marsha for commenting it would also be fun to play the game the opposite direction, and "pluck" the feathers off, as you roll the colors. Great suggestion!



We had family night last night and roasted marshmallows and played our turkey game.


My three year old said it was the best night ever. I wish I could see the world through his eyes. He is always so happy and grateful.


He quickly beat my husband and I several times at the Crazy Turkey Game.



14 comments:

  1. Very clever idea! And it's great that any age can play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Crazy Turkey Game! I'll be sharing tomorrow at A Pinch of Joy for Moms on Monday. Hope you will stop by and pick up a Featured Bouquet from the button box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cute idea! I'm going to feature it on my blog ChocolateCakeMoments.com this week. Hope you don't mind!

    Sue Kirchner
    Chief Fun Officer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! We go camping every year for Thanksgiving (since I was 6, 28 now). Now I take my kids and all the nieces and nephews come too and this will be a really great game. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your turkey idea! I hope you will link this post to my Thanksgiving Traditions link up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever and cute game! I love this! I just might make this for my kids. I pinned this on pintrest too.

    Would you mind linking this up on my Fun Stuff Fridays linky party? I'd love to share this with my readers.

    http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/11/introducing-fun-stuff-fridays.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh,this is a cute idea. Very inventive and fun for kids!

    I'd love to invite you to share this at my Thingamajig Thursday party going on now...http://radcrafter.com/2011/11/thingamajig-thursday-party-3/

    Alida

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SUCH a cute idea!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute idea! Think I'm going to pin this one so we I can remember it next year.

    Dropped by from Toys in the Dryer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally love this idea. It would also be fun to "PLUCK" the turkey as you roll the matching colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! Love it! I pinned it and plan on making it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope YOU are having a wonderful Thanksgiving! Featuring YOU over on my blog today. Thank YOU so much for linking up at last week's {wow me} wednesday!

    Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

    http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2011/11/take-look-at-you-thanksgiving-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Thanksgiving! I just made these for my Pinterest Project Monday post on my blog!

    http://one-crafty-momma.blogspot.com/2012/11/pinterest-project-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. As you put on a "feather" You could share something you are thankful for.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...