Thursday, April 28, 2011

Shabby Chic Turquoise Mirror

Mirror, mirror, on the wall...




I wanted a vibrant color of mirror to finish off my mom's living room. I was also aiming for a shabby chic look. However, I was too frugal to find anything I loved within my price range. I finally stumbled upon this gold mirror at Big Lots for $12.


I taped off the frame as you can see in the picture above and then got to work with some turquoise paint.


To achieve shabby chic squash your inner perfectionist. I went ahead and allowed some of the gold to continue to show through on the detailed trim which helped give some added dimension. 



This technique can be used on any mirror or frame to achieve your dream color. 

Domestically Speaking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...