Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Homemade Frozen Daiquiri Hostess Gift

My sweet family threw me an amazing baby shower this weekend. I searched the Internet for a unique, clever, or original hostess gift and just couldn't find something I liked. Then I realized, just because I am pregnant and can't drink, doesn't mean they can't. Who doesn't love a cold daiquiri in the summer time?! I looked for a great recipe for pre-made daiquiris and the adjusted it to my preference. The original recipe I found was on theyummylife.com.
 
 
Ingredients:
 
Frozen strawberries, peaches, blueberries, or mangos
Light Rum ( I used flavored rum)
Frozen limeade (or lemonade) concentrate
Ice
 Mason jars


 
Directions:
 
1. In a blender combine 6 oz limeade concentrate, 6-8 oz rum, 8-10 oz frozen fruit, and approximately 3 cups of ice.
 
Tips: You make have to tweak it as you go and add a little more ice or rum. I would go light on the limeade because it can make it extra tart. Frozen fruit is perfect because it is already sweet and helps add to the consistency.
 
 

 
2. Pour your delicious daiquiri cocktail in your mason jars allowing at least a half inch at the top for freezing.
 
3. Store in your freezer until the occasion allows.

 
4. Enjoy!!

 
These are my darling baby shower hostesses. I can't wait to share the rest of the shower with you! 3 weeks and counting until my due date.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...