Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Patriotic Party Jello Snacks

The 4th of July, the national day of the United States, is a little more then two weeks away. It commemerates the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. We are officially in patriotic mode. Blogs are popping up with red, white and blue ideas everywhere. What a fun and wonderful day to celebrate. I am on a jello kick lately and my son and I made these little patriotic treasures today.


Supplies:

Baby food jars
Red, blue, and white spray paint
Red and blue jello
Strawberries and blueberries
Twine
Miniature flags
Whipped topping


Two boxes of jello will make 12 jars. We started with the blue jello. Follow the instructions on the jello box and fill the baby jars 1/3 full. I dropped a few blueberries in each jar. Let chill for 4-5 hours.


After, the blue jello set, we added sliced strawberries in each jar. Follow the directions to make red jello and pour equivalent portion in jars. Note: Jars should now be 2/3 full. Chill for 4-5 hours.


In the meantime, we spray painted the baby food jar lids with red, white, and blue.


Top each jar with whipped topping (Cool Whip). Another fun option would be mini marshmallows.
We tied a piece of twine around each lid and slid a decorative flag through the twine.


These little desserts would be perfect for kids or even adults at a 4th of July party. Enjoy!!


Parties I linked to:
 Photobucket    Making Monday Marvelous Linky Party
 Todays Creative Blog  BLOG TITLE Ladybird Ln 

28 comments:

  1. YUM YUM!! And oh so pretty to look at! Great job!!

    We host a linky party "Strut Your Stuff Sunday!" We would love for you to link up! We appreciate it!!

    Kristine
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking to Bacon Time! I am going to feature these cute snack on Friaday! Check it out and come back in the pm to link up some more fun ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have soo many baby food jars I am definitely be doing this!!! Thanks for the GREAT IDEA!!!

    BTW I am your newest follower:) LOVE your stuff!!


    Delina
    dewthis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea. My two boys would eat this up in a second, and it is so pretty! I shared a link to your blog and this recipe on my Friday Favorites features that I posted today. Thank you for such a delicious idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is such a cute and colorful dessert. I love the way you used the baby food jars and painted the lids and adding the twine was very creative. Loved this post! I'm your newest follower and would love to see you at my place. Have a lovely weekend!~Poppy

    http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so darling and looks delicious! We featured it on our blog!

    http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com/2011/06/fresh-food-friday-4th-of-july-food.html

    Feel free to come by and grab a button!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are the cutest little 4th of July treats EVER! Love the little flags, the jute twine, and the fact that the jello has fresh berries. Wonderful!

    Visiting by way of Carlee's party over at Ladybird Lane!

    New follower and fan,
    Jenn/Rook No. 17

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are awesome! looking for fun ideas for the 4th, and these are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are darling! I love all of your July 4th projects! I am showing this off on my blog today!

    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are just too cute! I might try to make them for our 4th of July get together...how fun to pull those out of the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I included one of your posts in my top 10 list at http://bit.ly/P88w9H If you like, please share on FB, Twitter & Pinterest Thanks, Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am probably a weirdo for asking, but when you say that two boxes fill 12 jars, do you mean one each of red and blue or two each of red and blue jello? DERP. I just want to make sure I have enough jars. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made them last year...but I am pretty sure I only used one red and one blue jello and still had plenty left!

      Delete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...