I was inspired to make these personalized teacher gifts from a post I read on Brown Paper Packages last year. Kierste from Brown Paper Packages is so clever. My sons start their preschool in a week and I wanted to let the teachers know how much we already appreciate them. I bought a handful of antibacterial soap from Bath and Body Works last time they had a sale. I thought these would make a perfect first day of school present.
Spray can of primer
Spray can of color of choice
Vinyl or stickers
1. Peel off the label on the front of the soap bottle and scrub off any residue. Ensure dry before proceeding.
2. Tape off section on the front that you want to paint and decorate.
3. Spray paint soap front with primer. (Make sure the pump is covered too)
4. Allow primer to dry. Here in 100 degree Texas weather it is soooo fast. I forgot to take a picture of the next step...but spray your color of choice over the dry primer.
5. Allow paint to dry completely. Carefully remove tape from soap dispenser.
6. Decorate with teacher's name, stickers, hot glued flowers, ribbon, etc.
We were having such fun making them we decided to make one for the boy's dad as well. I showed them to my husband and he could hardly tell it was paint on top. I hope the teachers like them!
Parties I linked to: