Monday, January 28, 2013

Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat Birthday Party

Oooh...I went to one of the cutest Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat Birthday Parties ever! The invitation itself was out of this world. I will share it last. Just look at this cake! Incredible! My friend Melissa didn't forget a thing while planning her little girl's 4th birthday and her son's first birthday party. It was a perfect theme to invite boy and girls too, and the party was done in her back yard. I am embarassed to admit I didn't remember all the details in the book, so I had to read it to appreciate all of the clever decorations and unique designs around the yard.


Melissa even went to great lengths to paint old furniture white to display the party refreshments and cake on. It was amazing how that topsy turvy cake stayed upright.


I loved the contrast of the bright red and yellow juices and the simple white desk.


The Cat in the Hat was front and center of course. He had goldfish and sandwiches for the little ones.


This table had more sweet treats...cake pops with cotton candy on top, stuffed strawberries, and whoopie pies.


As we entered, each little boy and girl received a red polka dot bow.


The girls used the bobby pins to put it in the hair and the boys adorned their precious little bow ties.


This is my son in his bow tie. Hysterical! First time I have ever convinced him to wear one!




There were clotheslines across the yard with small pieces of red, white, and blue fabric strips tied on them.


Propped up against a tree was the window and rake from the Cat in the Hat story.


Melissa made kites to attach to the trees for decor as well. She used two dowel rods in a t-shape and then just taped the fabric around them to form the kites. I loved this quick no sew solution.

After a while, the kids grabbed their plates and milk glass drink holders to eat all the sweet treats.



The tables had simple glass vases with babies breath. Just the perfect touch.


The guests enjoyed every moment.


Even my husband and little one had a good time.


And those cotton candy topped cake pops were not only adorable but delicious when they hit your lips!!


This is the birthday boy!



The birthday girl in her perfectly themed precious Dr. Seuss dress.


It sure felt like the cake would fall any minute from this picture, but it was as stable as can be.


A separate little hat cake served as the one year old's smash cake. (Not sure what to think yet)


Thanks for a great party Melissa! You definitely have me beat in the party planning department!!

And last but not least as I promised the Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat party invitation...






Is that not the cutest, most unique and clever Cat in the Hat birthday invitation you have ever seen??






5 comments:

  1. This is the cutest birthday party! Thanks for sharing!
    *I saw this on the Someday Crafts link up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable, so fun! The kids look like they had a blast :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute party!! Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These invites are the cuties thing I've seen. Where did you get the picture for them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The book pages were scanned in and then edited.

      Delete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...