I love finding new, simple, and delicious chicken recipes. This recipe to the dinner table takes about 20 minutes max! I found the recipe for Chicken Ranch Pasta on plainchicken.com and adapted it to fit our families needs. I made it this week when we had some friends stop by to see our newest bundle of joy. She is 8 weeks old. I can't believe how time flies!
Our new house is coming along great. This week I hand textured all the bathrooms. It is such an easy DIY project and it saved me about $200 per bathroom. The only hard part these days is finding the time to get anything accomplished. I have a very long list of projects, a newborn, two boys, and 4 weeks until I return back to work. Yikes! Now for this easy recipe to feed my hungry crew.
16 oz pasta of your choice
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. flour
3 tbsp. dry ranch seasoning mix
3 cups milk
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup chopped bacon (I used the packaged pre-cooked)
2-3 cups chicken
This make a full pan of pasta. If you have a smaller family just cut the ingredients in half. I fed 6-8 adults with 1-2 servings each.
1. Cook your pasta of choice, drain, toss, and set aside.
2. At the same time I melted the 2 tbsp. of butter. After the butter melts, add the flour, and stir for about 1 minute.
3. Slowly whisk in milk until the sauce begins to thicken.
4. Stir in ranch dressing dry mix and cheddar cheese until melted.
5. Add chicken, bacon, and toss with pasta.