Monday, June 30, 2014

Vintage Ticket Booth Stand for a Carnival

Planning a carnival party or celebration? (P.S. If you are not...you should. It was the best party I have had yet. I will share more later!) This ticket booth was a simple and fast DIY creation. It proved perfect to greet our guests and hand out their favor sack with tickets to spend! I love all things vintage, because I don't have to be a perfectionist.


One of the birthday boys...in our homemade ticket booth.
 
 
 
It started when I saw a small section of fence leaning against our barn wall. It happened to have a worn out coat of white paint on it. I begged my husband to make a few small adjustments to turn it into a ticket window.
 
 
He cut out a window at child height for the boys. He framed it with 2x4's to support it. I think the easiest way to explain is with this picture of the back.
 
 
 
 
Next, my boys helped paint some red on the ticket booth. Remember, no need to be neat when you are going for a vintage look. The actual counter on the ticket booth was painted yellow by me.
 

 
Almost done...

 
This cute little sign attached to the front finished it off!
 

 
 
Welcome to the Carnival!! Enjoy!!

 
 

2 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! Thanks so much for linking up to the Handmade Hangout. Sharing tomorrow at Redouxinteriors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice response in return of this question with real arguments and explaining the whole thing about that. 바둑이사이트

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...