Friday, July 18, 2014

Melon Jello Fruit Boats

I made one my favorite summer treats again last night. I guess it had been so long since I made them last that my boys thought it was a new treat again! That of course was an extra plus. These melon creations are the perfect way to get your little ones to consume a large quantity of fruit. I think my kiddos would have eaten every slice in the first sitting if I would have let them.

 
Ingredients: 1 melon (cantaloupe, honeydew, or small seedless watermelon)
2 (3 oz) packages of flavored gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup applesauce
1 cup sliced fresh fruit

Directions:
Begin by cutting your melon in half and carefully scooping out the seeds. Shave a thin slice off the bottom of the melon so it will sit flat during preparation.


Dissolve gelatin in boiling water and then stir in the applesauce and fresh fruit. Divide the gelatin mixture equally into both melon halves.


I used blue gelatin with fresh strawberries and blackberries
 Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Cut into slices just before serving.


Place in Fridge

 
Slice into pieces and enjoy
The fruit flavors and jello combinations are endless. Enjoy! We sure did!
 



 

 

2 comments:

  1. Due to the ability to open 2 out of 3 sections at a time, there is a wider windoor-glass-design opening. Many people choose to install such doors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Informative and helpful Post. Thanks for sharing. I want to share information about the Android app development company. Dive into the Appconsultio journey, where each line of code is intricately woven, and every pixel is a canvas for artistic brilliance. Our ethos revolves around surpassing the limits of possibility, presenting more than just applications – we create digital masterpieces that connect deeply with your audience. At Appconsultio, we don't merely develop apps; we craft digital solutions that mirror your brand identity and surpass user expectations.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...