Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Candy Bouquet

We are so lucky to have the teachers we did this year for our kids. We wanted to properly thank them. I wanted a gift my son could help with so we decided to make a candy bouquet with gift cards as well.




Supplies:
Medium size basket
Floral foam
Skewers
Miniature candy bars
Tissue Paper
Hot glue gun
Gift cards (if desired)

To start we placed some floral foam in the bottom of the basket. I like to cover at least 3/4 of the bottom.


Next we used the hot glue to attach the candy and gift cards to the skewers. I bought a bunch of $5 gift cards to different places such as Starbucks, Subway, Chick-fil-a, etc.


Then I cut tissue paper into four squares each. I like to use a variety of colors and prints. Gather it as if you were putting it in a small gift bag and then place the skewer through it.



Begin positioning them one by one in the basket. It will look better the more you fill.


Once the basket has an even distribution of candy and tissue paper begin adding the skewers by themselves to fill the holes.


I am lucky my little helper did not eat them all before we were done!




I hope they enjoy it!

I linked to these parties:

    Photobucket  Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for
 the weekend wrap up party!   NightOwlCrafting

4 comments:

  1. What a fun looking gift! Saving this idea for future use...thanks so much for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for a teacher gift for this year! This is super cute and I have everything on hand that I would need! I'd love for you to come link up any projects you have at DIY Thrifty Thursday @ www.thrifty101.blogspot.com
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoot, I wanna be your kid's teacher just so I can get this as a present. ;) Excellent work and very creative, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is adorable - and you could tailor it to the receiver if you knew them well enough - like for a hiker you could do little bags of nuts and trail mix and clif bars and fruit leather, with the little gift cards being to places that are on the way to their favorite hiking spot. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...