Sunday, October 23, 2011

DIY Cardboard Haunted House

Nothing reminds me of Halloween more then spooky old houses. My son is in love with Scooby Doo right now, and they always have a big team of monsters, goblins, ghosts...and haunted houses. We decided to build one out of a cardboard box. It is perfect for any small characters. His fireman have raced to fires at the old haunted house. My youngest has moved in some of his little people. Army men have even holed up in our spooky old cardboard haunted house. Leave it up to your little one's imagination and let the fun begin.


Supplies:

Cardboard
Box cutter (exacto knife)
Black marker
Black spray paint
Masking tape

Directions:

1. Pick out piece of cardboard of desired size.

2. Draw a haunted house outline in pencil. I then went over it with a black sharpie. I looked at a picture online to draw mine. You could always print out the picture below if you want to use it as a template.


3. Carefully use box cutter to cut out the silhouette of the house, windows, and doors.


4. I cut another piece out for the floor and two small ones for the sides. This helps give it support to stand up.


5. Tape your floor and sides in place with masking tape.


6. The last step is to spray paint the whole haunted house black...and spooky!


Today, the haunted house was on a pirate's island. According to my son, "Arrgh...a pirate's not afraid of an old haunted house."


1 comment:

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...