3 cups sugar
3 cups flour
1 cup regular oil
1 cup Libby's pure pumpkin
2/3 cup water
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Pre-heat oven to 375. Move oven rack to low position so that tops of pans will be in the center of oven.
2. Grease bottom only of loaf pans.
3. Mix all ingredients together by hand in large bowl. Divide batter evenly between pans.
4. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove and allow to cool.
5. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to ten days.
I saw a precious pumpkin on the front of a fall magazine...possibly Southern Living or Country Living. I wish I could remember. I decided to try and replicate it and make pumpkin bread in a pumpkin shape. I started off with two small bundt cakes from the pumpkin bread recipe. I cooked the bundt cakes, allowed them to cool and then placed them together like a pumpkin. I took two caramels and shaped them into a stem and leaf.
I placed my stem and leaf on top of my "bundt" pumpkin.
As we all know...everything is better with a sugar glaze on top. I mixed up some powdered sugar glaze and drizzled it on top. Scrumptious!