Does anyone else have extra Christmas wrapping paper laying around? I had a stack of leftover Christmas paper that I don't care to store until next year. When I was a little girl, my mom, sister, and I used to make all kinds of cute bags from our wrapping paper. I had some precious penguin paper left and we are having a winter penguin party this Friday. A perfect match.
Box from the cupboard
1. Start by picking a box from your cupboard of desired size. Cut your wrapping paper as if you were wrapping a present minus the top side.
2. Begin wrapping your box, leaving the top open. I used a glue stick instead of tape to seal the edges.
3. Fold the bottom and glue. (My little helper assists)
4. Carefully begin removing your box from the wrapping.
5. Crease the edges and sides well to form your bag.
6. I used fancy scissors to trim the top and voila...
These precious little bags are going to be our lunch sacks for the penguin party later this week. Just remember any wrapping paper will work. It is also a great solution when you can't find the bags you want. Just buy a roll of wrapping paper in your desired color or print and set to work. These little gift bags are easy to make yourself.
Tags: DIY gift bags, Make your own gift sacks, Treat sacks