Ooh la la...Valentine's Day is around the corner. We have pulled out all of our Valentine's books and a few small decorations and games from last year. We try to add something new each year to celebrate Valentine's Day. Conversation Hearts remind me the most of this special holiday, to celebrate the ones we love. I decided we needed to make some "true" conversation hearts....not that the Hug Me, Kiss Me, etc are not precious enough.
I have tons of scrapbook paper scraps thanks to my fabric and paper fairy. (My mom has a wonderful friend at school that passes me all her extras. I love it!)
I cut them into hearts of all colors.
On the back, I wrote out "conversation" questions.
Here are some ideas to get you started :
1. Describe yourself
2. Favorite place to eat?
3. One thing you want to do today
4.What are you best at?
5. If you could buy any animal what would it be?
6. Trampoline or pool?
7. One word that describes you
8. Favorite spot in the house
9. Favorite holiday and why
10. What would you like to buy yourself?
11. If you could change your name what would it be?
12. Favorite place to be?
13. What are you proud of?
14. Beach or snow
15. If you were an animal what would you be?
16. If you buried a treasure chest what would be in it?
17. If you could have any party what would it be?
18. Sledding or swimming?
19. If you could climb in a box and be shipped anywhere, where would it be?
20. Best childhood memory?
21. If you picked up the phone and could call anyone, who would it be?
22. Favorite silly word?
23. If you were a superhero who would you be?
24. Who do you miss?
25. What is your most prized posession?
I stuffed the hearts in a large mason jar with some cotton balls. My son saw me creating this Valentine Game, and of course he wanted to know what every card said so I let him pick two. It was a bigger hit then I expected. The first question he drew was if you could buy anything at the store what would it be...He chose apple. I laughed so hard. (I was expecting a toy) His next question was if you could change your name what would it be...he said Daddy. (Ahh..my heart melted). I think we are going to have some fun dinners ahead of us. Eating at the dinner table every night is so important to me, and this will make me treasure the moment even more. No wonder Bill Cosby used to have a show about kids saying the funniest things.
Here is one of our fun games from last year...
Click here to see how to make your own XOXO Valentine Tic Tac Toe Game