Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Blog Anniversary and Frosty the Snowman Snack

It is officially the one year anniversary of my blog. Crazy. When I started this blog for fun, I felt so silly typing about all the crafting adventures I try. Then I started getting such sweet feedback from readers, I began to enjoy it even more. I don't have any local friends to do crafts with, but now I have all of you.

 I read on a blog every day how a blogger is getting burned out and having trouble keeping up with their blog. Luckily, I don't have that problem. Probably because I don't make any real money off of it. I post when I have something to share, and I don't worry about the rest. I was excited with 30 page views a day, and now I average over 300. I just made it over 100 followers last month and my husband promised me dinner. I might have done a little jig!

I love having this "blogging" hobby because it encourages me to do more projects, and spend even more time with my kids, doing fun crafts and activities. I found the following post from a year ago that I never published. It made me smile to see how young my son looked one year ago. My little guy turns 4 in a few days and a pirate party is in our future. Thanks everyone for your views, comments, and support. It brightens my day!

2/3/11...

 I am sure you all know of the childhood favorite "Frosty the Snowman." I enjoy incorporating reading into crafts if at all possible. Just another easy way to encourage your child to love reading. This week my three year old and I read...



 
My little golden book dates back to 1950. Such an amazing classic! We then made snowman snacks. This is not a new idea but it sure was fun. I gathered large marshmallows, skewer sticks, small candies, and frosting. Luckily, all items I happened to have on hand.



Oh yes...and I had sour straws to use for the scarves. What fun and a tasty treat too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...