Sunday, April 15, 2012

DIY Food or Bag Clips

It seems like there is always a shortage of food or bag clips around our house to store our goodies. I saw a clever idea on Dollar Store Crafts for making my own. Of course I love the DIY concept and the price...$1. Well, that is considering you are have a huge drawer of craft supplies at your house like I do with a set of letter stamps and an ink pad.


Supplies:

Letter Stamps
Ink Pad
Clothespins


Directions:

1. Decide what you need bag clips for. I used the categories veggies, chips, bread, yum (my version of misc), treats, and brrr (for all my freezer items). I laid out the appropriate letters for each word.


2. Get to stamping. I decided while I was making them to mass produce the concept. I thought they would be clever little gifts for birthdays or Christmas. Who can beat the price of this gift?


3. Use your little clever food clips and enjoy! Yum!


I think they would be precious attached to a stack of recipe cards too. I might just have to do that for a wedding shower I have this weekend. I feel a basket of kitchen goodies coming right up!

9 comments:

  1. What a fantstic, simple idea! I always lose my clips, and never seem to have enough. I do, however, have a million clothespins :) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute idea! I even have all the stuff to make this myself. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable! i bought some clothespins for a craft a while ago and have TONS leftover with no clue what to do with them. now i know! :) we'd love to have you link this up to our Sunday Best party going on now. http://griffithsrated.blogspot.com/2012/04/sunday-best-link-party.html
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I am in desperate need of some bag clips, and these are so cute and easy!

    I found you through the link up, and I'm now your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute - what a fun item to tuck into a goodie basket for a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea! I love the idea of using clothespins as bag holders. Why didn't I think of that?! The stamping is darling. Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute! I think I actually have that stamp set {that I have never used!} I will have to go hunt it down! Thanks so much for sharing at The Creative Spark - I'll be featuring these on my Facebook page. Happy Sunday!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...