I finally completed another book box to trade out. This one was themed Dinosaurs. Roar! I spent a total of $10 making this one. As I've mentioned before, I sort through my books and find a theme I think the kids would like. I obviously had plenty of dinosaur books! Then I looked through the scholastic catalog and ordered six Dinosaur books that were $1 each to share. As luck would have it, I found these awesome dinosaur sandwich cutters on sale for 70% off at Target this weekend. Every child will get one of those too!
Book Box Contents
· Dooley Makes Friends
(Please let your family keep one of these or the Dinosaur Dig for your book collection)
· Dino stuffed animal reading buddy
· Dinosaur Dig by Jan and Mike Berenstain
(Please let your family keep one of these or Dooley Makes Friends for your book collection)
· Dinosaurumpus by Tony Milton
· Curious George and the Dinosaur by Margret and H.A. Reyes
· My Little Dinosaur by Ilse-Margret Vogel
· Dinosaur Bones by Bob Barner
· Joe and Betsy the Dinosaur by Lillian Hoban
· Danny and the Dinosaur by Syd Hoff
· Dinosaurs by Teresa O’Brien
· How to Draw Dinosaurs
· Ten Little Dinosaurs by Pattie Schnetzler
· The Flinstones: Dino Gets a Job
· What Comes Next Dinosaur Activity Sheet for scissor and pattern practice
· Dinosaur foam puzzle or wooden puzzle depending on the age appropriateness
· Dinosaur sandwich cutter (Have a fun dinosaur themed lunch and keep one for your family!)
· Dinosaur Grow Capsules (Perfect for bathtime)
· Paleontologist Notebook: Let your little one learn a little about dinosaurs and fossils with their personalized notebook
This notebook is about 12 pages I created of fun activities. I would be happy to share it if you email me!
· Consider making some binoculars out of toilet paper rolls for your little paleontologist
· Dinosaur Egg: Handle with care. You can spray them with vinegar for a fun reaction or just let them crack open their individual egg with any tools on hand. (They easily dissolve or clean off with water)
Dino Egg: Mix baking soda and water + black dye (or icing)
I have seen many different recipes for this...but this one was super easy and fast.
Form mix around dinosaurs.
I think they look so fun! Fragile: Handle with care!
· Have fun! Make sure everything on this list is returned to the book box for the next child.
· Let me know when you have worn out your book box and we will trade. I am hoping to trade about every 3 weeks and just meet up with you. Thanks! Michelle