Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Vintage Story Book Shower Dinner Party

Ok. So I completely cheated and used part of my teacher appreciation week gift idea, towards a baby shower dinner I was throwing. Two of my dear girlfriends from high school are both pregnant with boys. They are due in July about a week apart. They already have several showers scheduled, so we decided to do an intimate "girls night" dinner with our old high school crew.
 
It was supposed to be casual...but the night before...I decided I just couldn't throw it without a theme! It is just not my style. I chose the simple theme of vintage storybooks. I already had stacks of old books and they made the perfect décor. I even pulled out my wedding china I NEVER use. (gasp)



I found this great image without a link (Sorry) and printed out cards for the place settings. I asked the guests to write themselves as the author and then write a note to each mom to be.
 

We started with these storybook themed salads. See instructions here.



My mass production of Peter Rabbit "Veggie Garden" salads.
 

The table setting included small mason jars with white flowers on top of vintage storybooks.

 


 
I was so excited to be having my first true dinner party in my new home.


 
Check out all the old storybooks on the window sill.

 
I love that my girlfriends and I have been friends for over 20 years! I am very lucky.





2 comments:

  1. I love this! My friend is a librarian and she would super love this for a bridal or baby shower. Pinning it right now! :)

    ~Meaghan from DIYfaerie

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...