Monday, September 12, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Crawfish Jalapeno Poppers

I decided to be a little adventurous this week with some jalapenos I picked up at the store. No special occasion...just felt like trying something new. I had some fried crawfish leftover from a delicious date night  with my husband, and I decided to add them in the mix as well. (I didn't want anything in my fridge to feel left out.) I ended up with bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers stuffed with cream cheese and crawfish. Yummy goodness!




Ingredients:

Jalapenos
Cream Cheese
Cajun or other seasoning
Fried crawfish (optional)
Bacon
Toothpicks

Directions:

1. Cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise. Scrape the inside and discard the seeds. I might suggest wearing some gloves for this step. Jalapenos can be brutal to wash off your hands. (I learned that the hard way and it involved taking out my contacts. Just when you think you washed them enough times...Ouch!!)


2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese and seasoning of choice. Fill in each jalapeno half. I then elected to add some fried crawfish in them.


3. Cut bacon in halves or thirds. I chose to use turkey bacon. It is good, but does not get the same crispness as regular bacon when it is cooked. It is just a personal preference. Wrap bacon around the jalapeno with cream cheese side up. Secure with toothpick or secure multiple jalapenos on a skewer.


4. Bake in oven at 375 for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...