Monday, February 7, 2011

XOXO Valentine Tic-Tac-Toe

On my wish list for Christmas was a jigsaw because I kept thinking of all the things I could create out of leftover plywood. My husband was more then willing to buy one because it was almost like self gifting. It is February and I am finally using it! I decided my first craft would be a Valentine Tic-Tac-Toe game.


XOXO Tic-Tac-Toe


I traced a heart from an old chocolate box on the wood (plywood or bead board). Cut your heart at least 1/4" smaller. (I drew an interior cut line) You can always find a heart template if you are not comfortable with free hand drawing. Craft stores often have wood heart cut outs near Valentine's Day.



The next step was to spray paint the heart red and let it dry.


 I used painters tape once it was dry to leave outlines for the horizontal and vertical lines of tic-tac-toe. I carefully spray painted the black lines and removed the tape.  (Black electrical tape would work for the lines instead if you did not want to paint)



Now for the XOXO...
You could easily use your classic XOXO for the board but I elected to personalize mine. I found clear gems at the dollar store. I printed out pictures of my husband, myself, and my oldest son on computer paper. I cut them in circles to fit the gems and then decoupaged them on. I glued felt circles on the back to give them a finished appearance.



I soon realized the old chocolate box provided the perfect storage case for my new Tic-Tac-Toe game. Now sit down, play, and enjoy!




3 comments:

  1. This is sooo cute! I always need new ideas for activities with the kids. We will def give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by to let you know that I've featured your craft on Family Fun Crafts! You can see it here:
    http://funfamilycrafts.com/valentine-tic-tac-toe/

    If you have other kid friendly crafts, I'd love it if you would submit them. :) If you would like to display a
    featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...