Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Patriotic Pot Pie

With Memorial Day around the corner I was feeling a bit patriotic. I have shared this recipe for pot pie before, because it is so easy to make, and my family loves it. However, here is an easy way to spruce up your pie crust. I used a store bought crust and cut star shapes out of it with a cookie cutter. I piled the extra stars in the middle and voila!

Ingredients:
1 can Original Veg-All, drained
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can cream of potato
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp thyme
4 chicken breasts or 12 tenders (Can chicken will work too)
1-2 Pillsbury pie crusts

Directions:
Boil chicken and cut up
Mix all other ingredients together
Add cooked chicken to mixture
Lightly mist round or oval dish with cooking spray
Place pie crust in bottom. Fill with mixture. Place pie crust on top. ( I often use only the top crust and eliminate the bottom)
Cut several slits in pie crust for venting
Bake at 375 for 40 minutes uncovered
Cover and bake for 20 minutes more

Hope you all are lucky enough to have a three day weekend to celebrate the holiday! I sure am looking forward to it.




6 comments:

  1. Woah! It’s simple article, yet effective. Thanks for this

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog and I can't stop my self to read your full blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing excellent information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am impressed by the details that you've on this site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was really informative. Your website is very useful.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Hi friends, its great article concerning tutoringand fully explained, keep it up all the time.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...