Saturday, May 19, 2012

Homemade Microwave Popcorn and Teacher Appreciation Gift

With the end of the school year around the corner, I wanted to give my son's teachers a little gift to show them how much we appreciate them. I prefer to give the teachers a gift card with a little clever gift. This year my son and I made homemade microwave popcorn and attached a movie gift card in the thank you note. They appeared to be a hit when we passed them out last week.

I personally, was so excited to learn this trick for homemade microwave popcorn, because popcorn is my ultimate all time favorite food and snack. If I was stranded on a desert island and I could only pick one food, this is what I would choose in a heartbeat!


Supplies:
Brown paper sacks
Yellow scrapbook paper
Small clothespins
Additional color of scrapbook paper

Directions:

1. I started by printing a popcorn image and movie night on the brown paper sacks. I used an ink jet printer. I placed a small piece of tape over the bottom of the bag to ensure it stayed flat while running through the printer. I removed the tape on the bottom of the sack promptly after I printed the bags.


2. Next I printed out the directions on yellow paper and cut them out in the shape of popcorn...

Place in microwave folded side up for 2-3 minutes or until there is 5 seconds between pops.
Eat plain or add toppings of choice.

3. Add 1/4 cup of popcorn in each brown paper sack. Fold down the top about 1" and tape shut. (It is ok to microwave the bag with the tape on) Next, I fold the bag in half.

3. I glued some small scraps of scrapbook paper on the small clothespins and clipped the popcorn kernel with directions on the bag.


4. We had to enjoy a delicious bag of popcorn too!

Here is what we made for our teachers last year...


Click here for directions on making a candy and gift card bouquet.

1 comment:

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...