Oooh yummy! I have never baked avocados before, and I am so excited about this recipe. I can honestly say I have thought about baking avocados until I was offered this post about Avocados from Mexico's Better Baking Sweepstakes. I have always LOVED avocados, and I have used them as toppings on tacos, or to make guacamole, but I have never gotten really creative and baked them until now.
Did you know you can even replace butter or oil in a recipe with equal parts of pureed avocado?
Your baked goods will come out richer, healthier, and more moist. When I thought about baking I was imaging baking the whole avocado. I will definitely have to try my cookies and cakes with avocados instead of butter or oil next.
I searched the internet to find avocado baking recipes, and surprisingly they were really hard to find. I did find a clever recipe for seafood stuffed avocados that gave me this idea. It reminds me of a taco without the shell. These would be delicious served with tortilla chips as well. I wish I had thought of that before I devoured these little babies with a spoon!
Avocados from Mexico
Cream Cheese softened
1. Cut your avocados in half. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In separate bowl, combine cream cheese, shredded chicken, small amount of taco seasoning, diced tomatoes and shredded cheese.
3. Stuff the yummy goodness inside of your avocado.
4. Bake at 350 for approximately 8 minutes.
5. Enjoy and go enter the Avocados from Mexico's Better Baking Sweepstakes. There are over 500 Prizes!
And don't forget to try avocados in your next baking recipe. I love learning easy substitutes for healthy eating.