Monday, December 24, 2012

Child's Artwork Christmas Dish Towel

Merry Christmas!! I have a tradition each year of making a present for each of my boys. In the past it has been lego tables, fire stations, quilts, etc. I wanted to pass on that love of gifting to my children. This year I helped my oldest make a dish towel for his grandma. It was a great way to transform a child's artwork into a gift. He brought home homework, that was to draw a Christmas tradition. His drawing consisted of a Christmas tree decorated in balls with a little boy beside it. It was the perfect memory to capture.
 
 
Supplies:
 
Light colored fabric
Dish Towel
Fabric Markers
Heat and Bond
 
To begin with, I took his drawing. The boy just might look a little creepy, but my son is not exactly an artist. This is his best drawing to date!
 
 
 
I used a small sheet of transfer paper layered between the picture and the light colored fabric. The order...light colored fabric on the bottom, transfer paper ink side down, and then the drawing on the very top.



I traced his artwork onto the fabric and then colored it in with the fabric markers.

 
I tried to color a bit messy so it would look like his original drawing.

 
Next, I found some cute festive dish towels on sale. Yipee! I cut my son's artwork on fabric down to a little rectangle. I then used heat and bond on the back and ironed it to my dish towel.
After a simple zig zag stitch around the perimeter it was done!
 

I loved it so much I made a second one for myself! This turned out to be a very fast way to make a personalized gift my mom will always treasure. I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday!!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I don't understand why you need transfer paper? I really want to make this...need help. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used transfer paper because it was a drawing my son had already done. Your child could draw directly on the fabric if you wanted them to.

      Delete
  2. The ending surprised me even more. Your post has excellent content. The video conferencing solution that your company uses requires your company to have a webcam. By using a webcam for company collaboration and communication, you can reduce travel costs and improve company communication. In the case of problems using a webcam, you can test your webcam in this article how to recover deleted or lost webcam videos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good information provided by your article, thank you for taking the time to share with us such a wonderful article. You have an amazing understanding of this, it is good to find a website that provides a lot of information about various artists. Please visit the spinner wheel article and provide details about the random generator this tool will help you choose the right number for you random list of numbers.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...