Sunday, October 7, 2012

Halloween Wooden Peg People

Recently I have seen all kinds of precious peg people. When I realized you can buy a package of 8 wooden peg people for $2.49 at Hobby Lobby, I decided to try my hand at painting. I started out with some simple characters...a witch, vampire, ghost, mummy, and a pumpkin head. I love that they are small and easy to store each year unlike the rest of our Halloween treasures.
 
 
Supplies:
 
Wooden Peg People
Paint
Sharpie Markers
 
Directions:
 
Birch Man
 
1. I started by painting three wooden pegs black and two white. I used some accrylic paint I had at home.

 
2. Next, I painted on faces. This took several coats, but the paint dried quickly.

 
3. I used a black sharpie marker to decorate the ghost and a red one to draw a heart on the mummy.

 
4. After a few more painted designs I drew on faces with sharpie markers to finish them off.
 
 
 
My son had fun playing with this rough crowd of spooky Halloween creatures all weekend.
They remind me of the old fashioned (antique) Little People. At a total cost of $2.50, this was a great investment of time! Now I just wish we still had our cardboard haunted house from last year. We might need to construct a new one.
 
 
Click here for directions.
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. These are wonderful - I'm going to make up a board game to go with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute/cool! I love crafts that require painting. I'd love for you to share these and any other crafts at my new linky party, Submarine Sunday. I hope you'll stop by!

    T'onna
    http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/10/submarine-sunday-1-linky-party_7.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so much fun! I love how they turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally cute! I am featuring these at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. later today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic!! I hope you will stop by and link this up to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Party if you haven't already. Thank you so much!
    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/09/2012-wickedly-creative-halloween-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...