Thursday, October 25, 2012

Spooky Dead and Breakfast Sign

Goodness! Only a week until Halloween. This month has flown by too fast. We had most of our decorations out by the first of the month, but I still feel a little sad the month is almost over. I love having the yard all decorated when I drive up after work.
 
Go figure it starts to get really cold here in Texas right before time for trick-or-treating. It was 80 degrees today and it will be 50 degrees by the morning. I am excited to be taking my 4 year old on a pre-school trip to the zoo tomorrow. I can't wait to meet all his little friends and their parents.
 
In the meantime, here are all of our yard decorations. I saw this fun idea on bhg.com. This sign was a cinch to make. I cut the main sign out with a jigsaw from bead board. My husband made the post to hang the sign off of. (I love my husband so much when he gets sucked into my craft project ideas. Not quite sure he feels the same. Oops!)

 
I used a black sharpie to write Greene's Dead and Breakfast. Vacancy...
Then I used some dark black stain to antique it just a tad.
 
 
Next, I used one of our old wheelbarrows filled with dirt and body parts from the dollar store. Ha Ha. I was super entertained by the sign combined with a few extra extremities.

 
Add a few pumpkins, mums, and spooky spider webs...

 
And before you know it...
(some orange and black tights stuffed later)

 
Our RIP grave yard light up grave stones...(instructions here)
 
 
Oh, and I almost forgot our trick-or-treater witch yard art we made last year...
(instructions here)
 
 
We have a full yard of characters that is for sure!!
 
 



 

1 comment:

  1. Just stopping by to invite you to My Wednesday Linky party. http://diycraftyprojects.com/2012/10/whatcha-work-up-wednesday-linky-party-6.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...