Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Father's Day Golf Themed Card

Father's Day is sneaking up around the corner. We are still working on our gift, but I helped my son create this card for his dad today. We chose to stick to a golf theme because his dad is slightly obsessed with the sport. Good thing I like golf too. (He proposed to me on a golf course 6 years ago. He won huge points for creativity and the element of surprise.)



We chose a 5 x 7 size card. The golf course grass (i.e. teebox) was designed with green paper and lots of cutting and zig-zag bending. I enjoy adding the three dimensional effect.



I used a circle cutter to punch out three photos (i.e. golf balls). Then we made several golf tees out of different colors.



For a little more "eye candy" we put a 19th hole flag on a toothpick.



 At the bottom we added the text, "To a Tee-rific Dad on Father's Day!"

Here is another Father's Day card with tutorial...for a Tie-riffic Dad! Click here for the tutorial.



I'm showing off somewhat simple button 

http://thegirlcreative.com/

4 comments:

  1. Great card idea! Thanks for linking! I'll be highlighting this in my Fathers Day post on Friday on BCD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! My husband and dad love golf also, great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card!! I love that you made it with your son!!

    xoxo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about making the golf cake for Father's Day that has been popping up on Pinterest. This card would go great with it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...