Monday, June 13, 2011

Polka Dot Broom

Our family went camping in our travel trailer last weekend and I found myself staring at our old dingy broom. I know...it is a camper. Who cares what the broom looks like? Well, apparently I do because it gave me a great idea...



I painted the entire plastic and wooden section of the wood with primer. Spray primer would work even better. This is what my broom looked like before I started.



After priming it, I placed circle stickers (I like to call them garage sale tags) all over the broom. Next I traced our last initial on contact paper and cut it out. (Sure wish I had a fancy machine) I applied it to the bottom section of the broom.


I sprayed the entire broom base and handle with red paint.



Once it dried I removed all the stickers. Oh, so much cuter!




I just happened to have a cute apron that matched it. I may have to look into a nicer broom for our camper eventually, but it sure looks better for now!

Parties I linked to:
Domestically Speaking

1 comment:

  1. This cracks me up! Crafting and camping at the same time. :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...