I painted the entire plastic and wooden section of the wood with primer. Spray primer would work even better. This is what my broom looked like before I started.
After priming it, I placed circle stickers (I like to call them garage sale tags) all over the broom. Next I traced our last initial on contact paper and cut it out. (Sure wish I had a fancy machine) I applied it to the bottom section of the broom.
I sprayed the entire broom base and handle with red paint.
Once it dried I removed all the stickers. Oh, so much cuter!
I just happened to have a cute apron that matched it. I may have to look into a nicer broom for our camper eventually, but it sure looks better for now!
Parties I linked to: