Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Drumsticks

It is already almost 100 degrees in Texas. At this point, I stay away from heating my home with the oven late in the day. Crock pot or slow cooker recipes are the perfect solution to this dilemma. Today I made slow cooker BBQ chicken drumsticks. They are easy (only 2 ingredients) and sooo inexpensive to make. I bought a package of chicken legs for $2.50, with 8 drumsticks, accompanied by a $2 container of BBQ sauce. I added a few sides and Voila!


Ingredients:
Chicken legs
Your favorite BBQ sauce

Directions:

1. Wash off chicken legs. Place in crock pot with 1 cup of water.



2. Cover with 1/2 container of BBQ sauce for approximately 8 legs.


3. Cook on low for 3-3.5 hours.



4. Enjoy!

(In case you have any doubts that these chicken legs are tender and juicy...look at what is running down my little one's arm! Napkin police quick!)


Not the best picture but hysterical! My 2 year old ate three of these. I would say they were a huge success!


1 comment:

  1. It gets hot here in central California too. I love my crock pot, thanks for this simple and easy recipe I am definitely going to try :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...