I don't know if you all know what a "cheater" recipe is...but to me it is a fast short-cut to fix what should be a fancy and more time consuming meal. One of my go to "cheater" recipes is Chicken Parmigiana. The best part is my WHOLE family eats it. If you have little kids, you know this can often be a tough challenge. All kids are definitely born with unique and special taste buds...or a lot of attitude about trying new foods. Ha! Oh, and I forgot to mention this is inexpensive to make too.
Chicken breast patties (see pic below)
1. Pre-heat oven and hen cook chicken breast patties according to the directions on the box.
2. Cook your spaghetti according to package instructions.
3. Warm up spaghetti sauce in a small saucepan.
4. Dish spaghetti with sauce on plate. Top with chicken pattie and more sauce. Top with cheese which will melt quickly. (My preference is mozzarella, but I only had a mixed bag of cheese on hand this time)
5. Cross your fingers and hope your entire family enjoys it!
Tonight my husband, and our two boys, went to pick a bunch of peaches from a friend's peach tree that had too many. They are on vacation and the peaches would have gone to waste. We now have soooo many peaches. Our kids thought we went on a special field trip, and it made their night. For me, it is the simple things in life, like peach juice dripping down my children's faces as they devour a fresh peach straight off the tree that makes my day. I can't wait to try a new recipe out, so stay tuned.