Thursday, July 12, 2012

Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil- A

Our family loves Chick-fil-A! Friday, July 13th, is their official Cow Appreciation Day. The best part is children and adults can dress up and receive free meals or entrees. My boys grandparents are going to take the boys tomorrow, because I will be having LASIK! I am hoping it turns out well, because I would love to be able to see. I can't even read the BIG E on the eye chart without my contacts or glasses. Cross your fingers and toes please.


Here are the official rules from Chick-fil-A's website:

Q: What is Cow Appreciation Day?
A: For one day only, black and white spots, cow bells and furry ears will be appropriate attire in the nation's second largest chicken chain. In celebration of July 8, Cow Appreciation Day, an unofficial – yet nationally recognized holiday, Chick-fil-A will award a free combo meal (breakfast, lunch or dinner) to any customer who comes to one of the chain's 1,200-plus restaurants fully dressed as a cow.
Q: What does "fully dressed as a cow" really mean?
A: "Fully dressed like a cow" means effort to be dressed like a cow from head to toe. "Partial cow attire" means just a cow accessory, such as a cow-printed hat, vest or purse.


Here is my post from last year in regards to our outfits...

I decided to join in the fun. First, I made my youngest son a cow shirt by sewing cut up pieces of a black t-shirt on a white shirt. Simple.




Next, I decided to tackle a costume for my three year old who is currently very entertained by super heroes. I decided on a cow cape. Of course, being the fabric pack rat that I am, I happened to have some cow print fabric at home. Here is what I designed.


 
I started by tracing a super hero cape I had at the house. I cut out one piece in cow fabric and one in plain black fabric. I then cut out blue and yellow felt to decorate my son's super cow cape and stitched it in place on the cow fabric.


 
I sewed right sides together, leaving a little opening, and then turned it right side out. I did not take pictures of all the steps because there are so many great tutorials out there for super hero capes. The point is any cow creativity will score you free Chick-fil-A on July 8th! My son is very excited about the "cow party."

 

Other Ideas:
  • Cut out cow spots with black vinyl or paper and adhere them to a white t-shirt.
  • Cut holes out of a white t-shirt and wear a black t-shirt underneath
  • Use a sharpie marker to decorate a white shirt
  • Carry anything with cow print

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...