Saturday, July 28, 2012

Snickerdoodle Cookies (*6 ingredients)

I was in the mood to bake today. I realized I have not made cookies in forever. My husband's specialty is chocolate chip, so we eat those quite often. However, today I was craving snickerdoodles. I discovered this recipe back in 2008 when I went on a lake house trip with some friends. I met a sweet girl named Nicki who brought these delicious cookies with her. It was love at first bite. Even better, she told me that she made them with a box of yellow cake mix and only 5 other ingredients. I love it when easy meets delicious!


Ingredients:

1 box of yellow cake mix
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp of ground cinnamon

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375.

2. Mix cinnamon and sugar and set aside. (This does not mix into your cookie dough)

3. Using mixer, combine cake mix, vanilla, oil and eggs until a dough is formed.

4. Shape cookie dough into 1-inch balls and roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. (Kind of sticky so sometimes I drop a spoonful into the mixture to get started.)


5. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.


6. Remove from pan to cool. Enjoy!!


I love snickerdoodles served with a small glass of cold milk. This recipe made 30 cookies today. I don't make my cookies huge, but I think they are just the perfect size. Besides, my children's favorite phrase is "One more please?!" This easily allows me to give them two cookies at a sitting without feeling total mom guilt. Ha!


2 comments:

  1. Snickerdoodles are one of my faves! Great simple recipe for quick cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snickerdoodles are a classic! Loving the use of the cake mix too. :)

    I wanted to take a moment to invite you to submit this and any other yummy recipes to my link party, Recipe Sharing Monday. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...