Sunday, July 1, 2012

Firework Watching Pillow (No Sew)

We are off to see some fireworks tonight for the 4th of July. Yipee! My "fabric fairy" (my mom's friend at school that gives me bags of her extra fabric) recently passed on a whole garbage bag full of fleece to me. I am so lucky! My oldest son and I came up with the idea to make flag pillows to rest our heads on for the fireworks show. The best part is they are no sew patriotic pillows.


Supplies:

Scissors
Red, white, and blue fleece
Craft glue
Stuffing


Directions:

1. I started by cutting a rectangle approximately 16" x 12"

2. Cut strips as shown in above picture. I usually cut them 1 1/2 to 2"


3. Next, I added my stars and stripes. One of the fabrics, was blue fleece with stars, but they were very spaced out on the fabric. I went ahead and added a few extra stars. My son helped glue the stars and stripes on with craft glue.


4. Begin all the ties. I like to have each one double knotted.

5. Stuff with filling.


My son was getting a big kick out of the fleece fabric. Such a dork! He looks like an old fashioned airplane pilot to me with his scarf, hat, and goggles. Ha! He literally played with the fleece the whole time I made his little brother's flag pillow for him.


6. Finish tying all the edges, and hug and squish your new flag pillow project.
(He was soooo proud of it. It sure is the little things in life that make us truly happy)


Added after the fireworks...


What a view...amazing!!



1 comment:

  1. We love no-sew projects!! :) This is so cute and patriotic! Thanks for linking up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" Hopefully we'll see you tomorrow at 8pm MDT for this week's party! :) -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...