Monday, July 16, 2012

Frozen Yogurt Salad Topping

I really struggled on what to name this post. I am not sure what to truly call my latest concoction. As many of you know, I hate to waste anything...which includes food that is about to expire. I had strawberry yogurt on the brink of expiration and some fresh strawberries that were getting a little wimpy. The answer to all my food problems...the freezer. Thence was born, my frozen yogurt salad topping. It was unexpectedly scrumptious!


Ingredients:
Yogurt (flavored)
Water
Fresh fruit sliced and cut (strawberries)
Candy mold

Directions:

1. Mix one container of yogurt with cut up fresh fruit and a few dashes of water.

2. Pour into your favorite mold.

3. Pop in freezer until frozen. I popped all of mine out of their heart shaped mold, and kept them in a Ziploc bag. I just grab them out and throw them on top of our fresh salads.


After scoring some home grown tomatoes from my sweet friend Angela at work, I made salads several nights this week. They are such a filling start to a meal to keep me from over eating the main dish. Good luck making your own frozen yogurt salad topping concoction!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...