Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pirate Book Box...Summer of the Traveling Books

With 100 degree days still in effect here in Texas, I have been creating more book boxes to exchange between our friends. We had a huge pirate party a few months ago, and we did not use all the treasures I bought for it. I decided it was a perfect theme for another book box. Again, I already had all the supplies at my disposal. I ended up buying an extra pirate book at a garage sale and some pirate figures from the $1 store. Entire investment=$1.50.


This is the first box my boys have actually tried. All the rest were passed out to our little friends when they were completed. I figured all the book boxes would come back to us eventually, and worst case scenario, we could do them in the winter when it is too cold to go outside and play. I was happy they were a huge hit with my boys and the time involved to put them together was not a waste.

Pirate Book Box Contents:

·         How I Became a Pirate by David Shannon
·         Pirates Ahoy! By Hans Wilhelm
·         I Spy Pirate Treasure book

Do Pirates Take Baths? by Kathy Tucker
·         Jabber the Parrot reading buddy
·         Magnetic Pirate Adventure
·         Pirate hat craft to make


We made the pirate hat first so it could start to dry. Our reading buddy, Jabber the Parrot, watched as my son worked.


    Secret watercolor craft. Please find the white card with your child’s name on it. Paint with watercolor on the front side and wait for the secret picture and message to appear. (This was done by drawing on a white piece of paper with white crayon) When painted with watercolors, the secret message appears as shown above. This received several very excited ooohs and aaaaahs from my kiddos.


·         Pirate Dominoes printed from busybeekidsprintables.com
·         Treasure map Hershey Kiss treats for pirate day

·         Individual bags of pirate figures. Keep a bag for your child. Create a boat for the bath out of a plastic bottle or even tin foil and set them on a pirate adventure.




·         Have fun! Make sure everything on this list is returned to the book box for the next child.
·         Let me know when you have worn out your book box and we will trade. I am hoping to trade about every 3 weeks and just meet up with you. Thanks! Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...