Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Chicken Cheddar Stuffed Braided Bread

I just wanted to share another simple way to make an eye pleasing and delicious recipe. It may look fancy, but it is so easy to prepare and it has only seven ingredients. I call it chicken cheddar stuffed braided bread.


Ingredients:
Chicken shredded or cut into cubes
Taco Seasoning
Pizza Crust
1/2 cup red bell pepper
1/2 cup green bell pepper
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup onion (optional)


Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Begin by rolling out the pizza crust on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cut 2" strips on both sides as pictured below. This does not have to be perfect to end up looking good.


Combine small amount of taco seasoning with chicken and toss. Fill center portion of pizza dough with seasoned chicken, bell peppers, and cheese.


Pull up "fingers" of bread alternating sides. The dough stretches easily to reach to the other side. Continue overlapping in braid fashion.


Fold up the ends and tuck the excess under your masterpiece.


I like to spray or butter the top of the braided bread to accentuate the golden brown colors as it bakes. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25- 30 minutes. Oven times vary depending on pizza dough selected. Just cook until your top is golden brown.


Cut in slices and serve alone or with warmed spaghetti sauce. Our family also enjoys varying the ingredients and adding pepperoni instead of chicken or broccoli instead of peppers. Feel free to be creative!

Parties I linked to:
 Ginger Snaps somewhat simple buttonPhotobucketJoin us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for
 the weekend wrap up party!NightOwlCrafting

12 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering right now! Don't you just love those Pillsbury breads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks SO good! Love your blog! I'd love it if you came and linked your great ideas to Lovely Little Snippets!
    lovelylittlesnippets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! This looks so good. I'm definitely going to try a variation of this soon! Great idea to use the Pillsbury pizza crust. I haven't tried it before, but that definitely makes this an easy weeknight meal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the look of this. I guess I'll have to add another recipe to my never-ending "to do list".

    I found your blog through Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! that looks sooo delicious! great idea for such an amazing and easy meal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow that looks good.... i really really want to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks amazing! i wish i could just eat it now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great dinner to change things up a bit.

    I would love for you to share a link to this recipe on my mommy solution meme!

    http://www.crystalandcomp.com/2011/07/the-mommy-club-share-your-resources-and-solutions/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks delicious! Can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing it at Strut Your Stuff Thursday. I'm visiting all the links that have recipes to get some new ideas for my family and will print this now.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful recipe! I wish I had some of that bread now :) I'll be featuring it Wednesday. Thanks for bringing it by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG this looks good, thank you for sharing at Bacon Time, oh my is it dinner time yet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delicious, This looks so good. Well, I am definitely going to try a variation of this soon! Great idea to use the Pillsbury pizza crust. I haven't tried it before, but that definitely makes this an easy weeknight meal!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...