Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Make Your Own Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich Maker

Hot Weather + Summer = Ice Cream Time


I am sure you have seen all the fancy ice cream cookie sandwich makers available on the market. We love ice cream sandwiches made with cookies but I did not feel like paying $8-$15 for a contraption. I came up with my own version for under $1.50. We made these out of Reese's Peanut Butter Cup cookies today and they were delicious as always.


Ingredients:
Cookies
Ice Cream
2 " PVC Coupling (54 cents at Lowe's)
2" Test Cap (68 cents at Lowe's)


Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich Maker out of PVC



Directions:
1. Lay one cookie top side down and add a scoop of ice cream
2. Place second cookie on top
3. Place test cap on PVC coupling
4. Fit over cookie combination
5. Gently press down with your finger
6. Enjoy Delicious Ice Cream Sandwiches!

Tip: I like to make up a bunch of ice cream cookie sandwiches at once. I place them in a Ziploc bag in the freezer for easy summer treats.

Parties I linked to:
all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours {7/26}  NightOwlCraftingBLOG TITLECast Party WednesdayGinger Snaps somewhat simple button Fantabulous Friday!PhotobucketThis Week\Photobuckethttp://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/search/label/the%20Cure%20for%20the%20Common%20Monday

8 comments:

  1. I saw you over at Tip Junkie. Great idea. My kids would love this!

    Emily @ www.bitsofeverything.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. Ice cream sandwiches are my go to summer dessert. They're super easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO clever! I'm stopping over from the Sun Scholars Friday linky and am a new follower via GFC. Any chance you're going to share that recipe for Peanut Butter Cup cookies? MMMMmmmm ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound amazing. More the Merrier Monday will be open until Wednesday at midnight. I would love for you to stop by and link up your ice cream cookies. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You So MUCH for joining me last week for Cast Party Wednesday. I hope you will come back tomorrow and share more of your recipes with us.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!

    Jo @ SmileMonsters

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...