Hot Weather + Summer = Ice Cream Time
I am sure you have seen all the fancy ice cream cookie sandwich makers available on the market. We love ice cream sandwiches made with cookies but I did not feel like paying $8-$15 for a contraption. I came up with my own version for under $1.50. We made these out of Reese's Peanut Butter Cup cookies today and they were delicious as always.
2 " PVC Coupling (54 cents at Lowe's)
2" Test Cap (68 cents at Lowe's)
Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich Maker out of PVC
1. Lay one cookie top side down and add a scoop of ice cream
2. Place second cookie on top
3. Place test cap on PVC coupling
4. Fit over cookie combination
5. Gently press down with your finger
6. Enjoy Delicious Ice Cream Sandwiches!
Tip: I like to make up a bunch of ice cream cookie sandwiches at once. I place them in a Ziploc bag in the freezer for easy summer treats.
Parties I linked to: