I bought the wooden shapes from the craft supply store. Then I color copied them and laminated them with the appropriate animal name underneath.
Next I put the game in this great carrying case. Small cosmetic bags from the dollar store would work well too.
Younger children can match. Older children can play it as a memory game or practice their reading and spelling. My little ones have always enjoyed the simplicity of the game.
Additional Game Ideas for Carrying Cases:
- Foam shapes cut out to practice colors and shapes
- Card games from the dollar store
- Miniature characters such as plastic fireman, army men, or dinosaurs
- Paper, crayons, and stickers
- Beads and shoestrings to string them on (create necklaces and bracelets)
We use these games strictly away from the home. They are special on the go games and tend to be something for our boys to look forward to when we are out of the house.
Parties I linked to: