Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Chicken Cheese Cups

I am super excited about this new recipe I made. It is going to make the permanent recipe book in our house. I altered a version I saw years ago in a magazine. It is so fast to make, easy, and kid-friendly (All my usual requirements). It almost reminds me of mini pot pies. Oh, and it smells so good cooking. I could barely resist the urge to grab one out early and have a taste test.


Ingredients:

Refrigerated biscuit dough
1 cup cheddar cheese
3/4 cup rice krispie cereal
1 cup cubed cooked chicken
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Variety of vegetables ( onion, celery, broccoli)

Directions:

1. Divide each biscuit in half. Leave in circle shape but peel apart layers. Place biscuits in greased muffin cups, pressing dough over the bottom and up the sides.



2. Add 1 tbsp cheese and rice cereal to each cup.


3. In a bowl, combine chicken, soup, and vegetables of choice. I made these with chicken, cream of mushroom soup, celery, and onions. Spoon into cups. Bake at 375 for approximately 20 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.


4. Enjoy!!!

These would be perfect to take to a holiday, work, or family potluck. They are just the right size to pick up for adults and children. I can't wait to try out a breakfast version of these with eggs, meat, veggies and cheese.

Parties I linked to:

6 comments:

  1. those look really yummy! Would love for you to come over and share this at my Tasty Tuesday Party going on now!
    http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/2011/11/reviewgiveaway-and-tasty-tuesday-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look super tasty! I may have to give them a shot! And the fact that they are easy to make.... That may be part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like it'd simple and delicious. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so delicious - I can't wait to try them. Please feel free to linkup to the Success U - Wednesday Linkup Party at www.thestuffofsuccess.com. Thanks Athena

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look tasty and fast! We don't have the prepared biscuit dough here in Australia, but maybe I could make my own? Is it like bread dough, or pastry? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clare...bread dough would work perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...