Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hand Embroidered Cards for Christmas

I promise I have not dropped off the face of the earth. I am working on so many projects right now, but most of them are not done! The other evening I sat down to watch a movie with my husband, and I just am not good at sitting still. Ask him...it might just drive him insane. Ha! I grabbed some note cards out of the drawer, and decided to try some hand embroidery.


I have a stash of card stock note cards and envelopes that I purchased at Michael's. After tracing my design in pencil, I used a needle to punch holes at an even distance on the design. Next, erase the original pattern completely. I knotted the end and began sewing with a backstitch. Sew So simple! Here is a photo of the back. I decided it looked neat enough, that I would not even back it with additional paper.


I made several cards. This one is just a simple tree with Joy written under it.


These cards would make a lovely gift for anyone. Of course, they don't even have to be a Christmas theme. Give them a try. They are a relaxing thing to do while snuggling on the couch watching a good movie! I hope your holidays are off to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...